Skip to main content

"Weather", "Tchaikovsky," "Ligeti," and "Gorecki":This Fucking Guy goes On About the Weather, and a Few Composers He Happens to Fucking Like


Weather
You know,
If I had had
Any fucking idea
What the temperature was
Before I motherfucking left for work
I would have brought my fucking bike helmet
And rode down here.
I feel like I really fucking missed out.

But I can't blame the motherfucking weather
I should have fucking checked the fucking weather
Then I would have fucking known

Ok, I just checked the weather
It's like 6, maybe 7 degrees Celsius
Colder than I fucking thought
If I had seen that before I left,
I would've been like, "Fuck that,
That's too motherfucking cold."

But it wouldn't have fucking been
It would have been a really nice motherfucking time
So what the fuck?
What the fuck should I have fucking done?
12/15/2014


Tchaikovsky
Yes, 'tis the fucking season
When I fucking find myself
Listening to a lot of Tchaikovsky

Now, I like that motherfucker
There are so many nice fucking tunes
In the motherfucking Nutcracker
That it blows my motherfucking mind
Every fucking time

I don't actually know that much about Tchaikovsky
I've maybe heard a tenth of the shit he's composed

I'd like to hear more. Fuck yes, I'd like to hear more.

But there's so much out there I'd like to heart more of,
And then there's all the fucking movies,
And apparently there's some good fucking television happening
All this other fucking shit

It's fucking wild how much fucking shit there is.
But I do hope I get to more Tchaikovsky
12/15/2014


Ligeti
Now this motherfucker, Ligeti
Let  me fucking tell you:
I love that motherfucker.
I was like in my 20's, and I said to Charles
(He played the fucking cello on They and Failure),

"This crazy fucking music in 2001--do you know what that is?"
(I figured he would know--fucking Juliard and shit).
And he was like, "Fuck yes"
(Charles did not say "Fuck yes"--he was like, "Fuck yes."
I've drawn this fucking distinction before. Ad fucking nauseam.
A lot of TFG is ad fucking nauseam.)

Charles was like, "That's Ligeti."
And I was like, "Oh. Okay. Ligeti."
I got a bunch of CDs, and fuck me,
I fucking love this guy.

Shortly after Eyes Wide Shut came out
I saw this motherfucking comedian
I don't remember who the fuck it was
Making fun of the music in it
Which was also Ligeti
And I wanted to kill this ignorant motherfucker

Anyway, I'm not thinking about Ligeti
Because Tchaikovsky reminds me of Ligeti
He fucking doesn't. Not at all.
It's because last Wednesday,
I finally got to see Ligeti's Requiem
Performed live.
And before you fucking say to me,
"How the fuck can you say
You're such a big fucking fan of Ligeti
And you haven't even ever heard the Requiem live?"
And you would have a point,
Except for the fact that
This was the first time the Requiem
Had ever been performed in New York.
And I'm not one of those motherfuckers
Who travels to other fucking cities
Just to hear music
I've never fucking heard.

Maybe one day, I'll be one of those motherfuckers
But not today.

And no, I didn't go see 2001 with live orchestra last year
For several reasons:
The main reason was: the money I saved not buying that ticket
Bought me the ticket to the Requiem,
And tickets to six more fucking  American Symphony Orchestra concerts.
And the other reason is that it was in Avery Fisher Fucking Hall
It's a shit room.
That's no fucking secret.

Although I love Ligeti so much
That when the Philharmonic did Le Grand Macabre
A few fucking years ago
I was on that shit like white on fucking rice,
Even though it was in Avery Fucking Fisher.
Now that is fucking love.
12/15/2014


Gorecki
Ok, now I'm on a roll,
So I'd like to give a shout out
To motherfucking Gorecki,
About whom all I know
is the Symphony of Sorrowful Songs
That is some of the saddest fucking music
Anybody ever fucking wrote

There have been some beautiful songs of sorrow:
Man of Constant Sorrow, would be an obvious one
And Hank Williams has wrote a motherfucking bunch
And there's all that fucking blues music.

But fuck me: Symphony of Sorrowful Songs
That shit is beautiful
And so fucking sad.
I think I'm going to listen to that shit right now.
Because I really don't fucking feel like
Writing about Mozart now.
Maybe another time.
Maybe I'll write about Bach
After I see the motherfucking Brandenburgs
Tomorrow fucking night.
12/15/2014

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Points": This Fuckin' Guy Gets Some Fucking Points.

Points As those of you motherfuckers Who were reading This Fuckin' Blog last year (Or who heard this ) Already fucking know, I like Citibike: I used to have to buy motherfucking monthly transit cards From the motherfucking MTA Every motherfucking month And I fucking hate the motherfucking MTA. Citibike has saved me a shitload of money That would otherwise go to the pieces of shit At the fucking MTA So yeah, I fucking like Citibike. If I had to name the worst fucking thing About Citibike I guess I'd say that sometimes There's no fucking bikes And you have to walk to another fucking docking station And sometimes There's no room to dock your bike So you have to ride to another station to dock your fucking bike But that's really no big deal It's only occasionally a pain in the ass. But, so then, I get an email from Citibike a couple of  months ago, About this new fucking program Where you get points If you take a fucking bike from a to

"Trump II: Speech" and "Retrospect": This Fuckin' Guy Reflects.

Trump II: Speech* Jesus fucking cocks How do you like the balls on this motherfucking piece of shit? Make the bar so fucking low That that shit looks statesmanlike? That that shit looks good? Fuck that shit And fuck you. But I will say one fucking thing: It's a fucking shame that no Democrat since probably LBJ Would even fucking think of proposing A trillion fucking dollars on infrastructure And I will say fuck yes to that. I will give credit when credit is due Like what that piece of shit Bush did in Africa: A lot of fucking money to fight AIDS, malaria, and other fucked up shit over there Whereas that fuck Reagan took five fucking years to even say the fucking word "AIDS." That piece of shit ratbastard fuck. So fuck yes to Bush fighting AIDS, malaria, and other fucked up shit in Africa And fuck yes to proposing a trillion dollars for infrastructure Even if it never fucking happ‎ens It's a nice fucking gesture It's a lovely fucking gestu‎re So fuck yes I

"Loss."

Loss Two fucking years ago A month or two after Citibike fucking started up I was like, fucking hell, I hardly ever ride the fucking subway anymore So I stopped getting the monthly fucking unlimited fucking Metrocard And got a pay per fucking ride And I hardly ever fucking paid for a fucking subway ride: For fucking months I'd get on a fucking bike each morning And I'd be like, hey I'm fucking saving money And after a couple of months, Let me fucking tell you, I was the fastest motherfucking Citbike riding motherfucker On the motherfucking bike path Along the fucking Hudson Going south in the morning. Not the fastest fucking bike rider -- There were always some fucking Lycrafucks Who would pass my ass (see " Bike "; the second to last Motherfucking poem I wrote on August 30th of last fucking year; Or hear "Bike,"  here ; I think it's the second fucking track). But never fucking ever did a motherfucker on another Citibike Ever f